My Profile

Check all your messages, update your blog, change your account details,  find friends and much more on the My Profile section.

Fast Track

Fast Track is the easiest way to get a training contract or vac scheme. It puts you in touch with some of the best firms in the UK and all in under five minutes. If you type fast.

TCs here

Want to know more about the training contracts at individual firms? Training Applications features brochures, information and application details for leading firms.


Overseas seat in Australia if over 30...
Rate it
Report as offensive
Posted - 05 October 2017 15:46
Afternoon roffers.

I'm training from September next year and will do a compulsory international seat. I'll be at least 31 by that time. I'm British and I'd like to go to HK, Singapore or possibly Australia.

My understanding is that most firms who send trainees to Oz do so using the standard 6 month Work/Holiday visa (417 or 462)... but these only apply for those between 18-31 years old.

After briefly perusing the Oz government site it seems I could go on a 457 (Temporary Skills Shortage) visa if:

a) i'm sponsored by a business and;
b) the job i'm doing is on the list of eligible occupations ['solicitor' is on the list]

Do I have this right? Is it much trouble for a firm to send a >30 year old to Australia for 6 months? Or will they likely just flat out refuse? Anyone with experience on this?
bananaman returns
Posted - 07 December 2017 08:20
Report as offensive
bananaman returns
Posted - 07 December 2017 08:21
Report as offensive
Posted - 11 December 2017 13:10
Report as offensive
This is really something for your firm to figure out.